Man, 21, is arrested after eight people are shot dead and three injured at three Asian massage parlors around Atlanta during two-hour rampage
- Eight people have been shot dead across three locations in the city of Atlanta
- Robert Aaron Long of Woodstock, Georgia, was taken into custody in Crisp County on Tuesday night following a police chase, 150 miles south of Atlanta
- Three people were also killed at a massage parlor in Cherokee County in Acworth, Georgia, about 30 miles due north of Atlanta
- Two other people inside the business were also shot and injured
- Less than two hours later, four women were also shot at two Atlanta spas directly across the street from one another in the Woodland Hills area of the city
- Police say they believe Long is also the suspect in all three shootings
A 21-year-old man has been captured in southwest Georgia, hours after eight people were killed in shootings at three Atlanta-area massage parlors.
Cherokee County sheriff’s Capt. Jay Baker said Robert Aaron Long of Woodstock, Georgia, was taken into custody in Crisp County on Tuesday night following a police car chase, about 150 miles south of Atlanta – about a three hour drive.
The Crisp County Sheriff’s Office said it received information on the suspect’s car and spotted it driving along a highway whereupon police gave chase ultimately ramming the vehicle off the road.
The eight women, many of them Asian, were shot dead in three separate shootings at two spas and a massage parlor in and around Atlanta.
The first shooting happened just before 5pm at Young’s Asian Massage parlor off Bells Ferry Road and Highway 92 in Acworth, Georgia about 30 miles north of Atlanta
It appears that all five victims were shot inside the business.
Two of the victims were dead and three were transported to a hospital where two of them also died, Cherokee County Sheriff´s Office spokesman Jay Baker said.
The shopping center where the massage parlor is located was closed to the public as investigators search for ballistics, fingerprints and other evidence according to the
Atlanta Journal Constitution.The suspect was captured by surveillance video pulling up to the business around 4:50pm, just minutes before the shooting.
The sheriff’s office posted surveillance pictures on its Facebook page, asking people to share the images that show the man near the vehicle.
From there, it’s believed Long drove more than 30 miles where a further two shootings occurred in northeast of the city in the suburb of Woodland Hills.
The two spas attacked are located directly across the street from one another.