‘He died like a dog’ Donald Trump addresses the nation and confirms that ‘coward’ ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been killed by U.S. Special Forces and died ‘whimpering and crying and screaming’ after being cornered inside his Syrian lair and detonated his suicide vest
- Donald Trump announced Sunday morning that ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- U.S.-led forces descended on al-Baghdadi’s lair in Idlib, Syria overnight
- The president said al-Baghdadi ‘died like a dog’ after being run down a dead-end tunnel and cornered
- Baghdadi detonated his suicide vest, killing himself and three of his children
- Eleven children were cleared from the lair
- Baghdadi’s two wives were killed during the operation without their suicide vests being detonated
- Trump teased Saturday night that he would be making a ‘major statement’
- Al-Baghdadi issued a chilling call to arms in 2014 declaring an Islamic ‘caliphate’
- Under his leadership, smaller-scale higher-frequency attacks became the norm
- Trump says he does not regret pulling U.S. forces from northern Syria
Donald Trump announced Sunday morning that ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi ‘died like a dog’ as the result of a U.S. Special Ops forces raid on his hideout in northwest Syria.
‘Last night the United State brought the world’s number one terrorist leader to justice. Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead,’ Trump said from the Diplomatic Reception Room, where just a week earlier he announced a ceasefire between Turkey and the Kurds.
‘He was the founder and leader of ISIS, the most ruthless and violent terror organization anywhere in the world,’ he continued as he described the events of the raid.
Al-Baghdadi, the president confirmed, detonated his suicide vest, killing himself and three children, during an overnight targeted attack in Syria’s Idlib province.